Customer service is still king — and probably the only way to compete with online sellers.
If you own, run or work for a brick and mortar business, keep these basics in mind:
All sales people should be trained to:
- Greet all customers as they come in the door
- Get to know regular customers by name.
- Never say I can’t, I won’t, I don’t know how . . .
- Instead say, “I’ll find out for you.”
- Go out of their way to provide assistance.
- Respond to complaints quickly.
- Make adjustments pleasantly.
- Handle refunds and exchanges efficiently.
- Understand their customers’ needs.
- Say ‘thank you’ to people who purchase
- Keep keen interest in customer satisfaction
Customers have so many choices today, they won’t come back to any place of business that doesn’t provide great customer service.