Job Talk . . . July 23, 2015
Your company is on the crest of a rising tide of sales. Customers line up at every counter. Online orders come in faster than you can fill them. New products must be made and shelves restocked to cash in on this bonanza.
Time to start hiring again!
It’s time to start hiring again. Economic trends have turned. Downsizing for many companies has changed to upsizing. After years of layoffs to keep companies financially afloat, happy times are here again. Many organizations feel the hiring pinch already. It could get worse.
You’re not the only one looking for talent in today’s economic climate. You won’t find great employees standing on every corner. Already, there seem to be fewer and fewer qualified candidates. So, where do you find the best people to do the work that has to be done?
How do you hire the talent you need to grow your company? “The key to finding new employees in current times is to look in the right places,” says Susan K. Maciak, CEO of CAMEO Career & Corporate Consulting (Jenison, MI).
“Hiring strategies, along with many other business practices, have changed.” Putting a ‘Help Wanted’ ad in the local newspaper isn’t enough anymore, according to Maciak. You’ll have more luck finding the right people for job openings if you try something new, such as:
- Network frequently with other business leaders and ask for referrals.
- Contact local HR departments to get overflow resumes of impressive people who weren’t called in for job interviews.
- Provide job descriptions to area HR departments, requesting that they enclose your job openings in “Dear John” letters they send to good candidates they didn’t hire.
- Hang posters in public places, especially where the kind of people you need congregate.
- Use social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.) to recruit employees through friends and followers.
- Mail job opening information to various zip code zones in your recruiting area.
- Hire part-time to full-time or start with short-term employees through job placement agencies.
Only the right people can make your business flourish and grow, good times or bad. Do whatever it takes to find them. For help in your hiring process, contact CAMEO Career & Corporate Consulting by email at email@example.com Visit our webpage at www.cameo100.com