Some experts say there are five Ps to marketing. Others claim there are six. Anyone trying to sell themselves for a project, new job, promotion or raise will probably need seven – the traditional six Ps of marketing plus one:
- Point of Purchase
The seventh P or Persistence pays off in many other ways, too. People who refuse to give up eventually get what they want. Anyone can improve their employment status by practicing these seven simple principles:
- Product: Equip yourself with up-to-date skills and knowledge of your field.
- Packaging: Wrap your qualifications in a succinct, attractive and accurate resume.
- Promotion: Articulate your strengths and explain how you would be a benefit.
- Packaging: Always dress professionally and polish your interview skills.
- Price: Know the going rate for your type of work and suggest the right salary
- Point of Purchase: Wait until you have an offer to discuss compensation.
- Persistence: Never give up on finding your dream job or reaching your goals.